Megan here.

It's two weeks until Stefan and I head out on our trip to Kyoto, Japan. While this won't be our first international trip (Stefan has been to Canada, I to the Bahamas), this is definitely a first "big trip". And I think I'm driving Stefan insane with my planning habits. He would rather just show up in a different country and walk around, see the sights. I, on the other hand, have a play-by-play approach...to the point I know where we plan to eat each day, what sights we want to see, how much each meal/admission should cost, and what buses to take to get each place. This plan will typed up and carried on my person.

So I'm a control freak.

I try to justify it by saying we'll be in a foreign country, unable to read the signs or speak/understand the language, and that we have to know exactly what we're doing. I think Stefan would have just as much, if not more, fun if we got lost.

He also probably won't be pleased to come home and find my "To Be Done Before We Leave 3/20" list posted on the refrigerator.

Is there anyway to over-plan a trip?

Comments (0)